Friday, December 30, 2016
Thursday, December 22, 2016
The next convocation of Admiration Chapter will be Thursday December 29 in Homer. Below are the details:
What: Admiration Chapter Convocation with Potluck Dinner
When: Thursday December 29, 2016 at 630pm
Where: Homer Masonic Temple
We will be holding our first Table Convocation with a talk by Todd E. Creason on St. Johns Day.
The table convocation will be a potluck event with the drinks provided. We are asking that you bring a dish to share.
Please let me know if you are able to attend.
I wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Posted by American Farmer at 7:54 PM
Wednesday, August 31, 2016
Summer is quickly drawing to a close, I hope it has been an enjoyable one for you and your family. Below is a schedule of Admiration Chapter Events for the remainder of 2016. We have a goal of completing our chartering work in December and officially receive recognition as a full Chapter of the Illinois Grand Chapter.
Saturday September 3 - Homer Lodge No. 199 Re-dedication Ceremony
- Noon - WM Todd E. Creason invites you to join him for the 160th Anniversary of Homer Lodge No. 199. The Most Worshipful Grand Lodge of the State of Illinois Officers will conduct the re-dedication ceremony.
- 1 p.m. - Lunch at the Homer United Methodist Church
Thursday September 29 - Stated Convocation
- 6pm - informal dinner gathering at the Belly Deli across the street from the lodge hall https://www.facebook.com/mainstreetbellydeli/
- 7pm - Stated convocation (short). We will be conducting the Mark Master Degree (4th) and the Past Master Degree(5th)
Saturday November 19- Illinois Grand Chapter Leadership Conference at Homer.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
- 8am - Check-in with coffee and doughnuts
- 9am - Leadership session
- Noon - Lunch - cost $10
- 1pm - Town Hall open session.
- 8am - check-in with coffee and doughnuts
- 9am - Excellent Master Degree (6th)
- 10am - The Holy Royal Arch Degree (7th)
Thursday December 29 - Stated Convocation/Table Lodge
- More information to TBA for special night
Greg Knott - Secretary
Admiration Chapter U.D.
Posted by American Farmer at 5:41 PM
Sunday, June 5, 2016
June 18 - all 4 Royal Arch degrees are going to be put on in Bement Chapter No. 65. If you still need to complete your Royal Arch degrees, this is a great opportunity to do so. Registration is at 8am and the degree work will begin at 9am. All Companions are welcome to attend as I am sure Bement can use some help in the degree work.
June 30 - next Admiration Chapter meeting at 7pm. Short business meeting and then Companion Glenn Overby will give a talk entitled Poetic Craftsmen. All are welcome to attend.
July 14-16 - Grand Sessions in Normal.
September 29 - Admiration Chapter Meeting
November 19 - Admiration Chapter will be hosting a Leadership Conference & Town Hall Meeting for the Grand Chapter. Mark your calendars!
December 29 - Admiration Chapter Meeting
New Admiration Chapter Member Fees - we are now in process of establishing a bank account. Becoming a member of Admiration Chapter costs $75 for an initiation fee for new Chapter members (plural members don't have to pay this fee). If you still need to pay for your degrees, please send a check to me made payable to:
C/O Greg Knott, Secretary
1377 County Road 2275 E
St. Joseph IL 61873
Posted by American Farmer at 7:56 PM
Tuesday, May 24, 2016
Thursday, April 7, 2016
Admiration Chapter will confer the 4th and 5th degrees on Friday night April 15. Short meeting at 7:00pm and degrees at 7:15pm. Dinner is on your own.
The Quarry is located off of Perrysville Road, just east of Atherton Cemetery. The address is Sand Valley, 16395 Lewis Road, Danville, IL 61834. In the event of rain, the event will be held at the Masonic Temple.
There will be a combined Grand Royal Arch Quarry Day and Scottish Rite Degree Presentation on.
Royal Arch Registration starts atCandidates for the Most Excellent Master Degree must have received the Mark Master and Past Master Degrees previous to that day. The Most Excellent Master Degree and the Holy Royal Arch Degree will be presented.
There will be a lunch. Lunch is $12.00 and reservations must be made by contacting Ryan Irby at 217-918-0247 firstname.lastname@example.org. Reservations must be made by .
Scottish Rite Registration starts atThe 4th Degree DVD will be shown and the 7th Degree and 13th Degree will be presented live. New candidate fees for those joining the Valley of Danville Scottish Rite are $290.00, which includes the candidate fee and dues through .
Tuesday, March 1, 2016
Thursday March 31 - Stated Convocation
- 6pm: We are meeting for dinner at Homer Belly Deli located right across the street from the Lodge Hall 118 S. Main Street Homer. They have some great food.
- 7pm we are meeting for a very short business meeting at the Homer Masonic Temple.
- 7:15pm - One of our Chapter goals is the promotion of civility. At this time in our nation's history, this topic is more important than ever. We are going to have a facilitated discussion on civility, asking questions such as: " Is there a lack of civility in our society today?" "Is this a problem?" "Should we as Freemasons endeavor to practice civility in the Lodge and why?" "Should we endeavor to practice it outside of Lodge and why?"
- All Master Masons and Companions are welcome to join us for the evening. (Business meeting is Companions only). If you know of a Masonic brother who would be interested in this evening, feel free to invite them.
Friday April 15 - 4th and 5th Degrees at Homer
- 7pm - we will open the chapter and confer the 4th and 5th degree for our candidates.
Saturday April 16 - 6th and 7th Degree at Danville - see attached flyer for details.
- 8am - Registration and coffee/donuts
- This is a special event held in conjunction with the Valley of Danville Scottish Rite in a working Rock Quarry
- Lunch is going to be served - reservations required. See flyer.
June 30 - Admiration Chapter Stated Convocation
July 14-16 Illinois Grand Chapter Convocation in Normal. Info at http://ram-il.org/2016-
Posted by American Farmer at 8:19 PM
Sunday, January 24, 2016
Friday, January 8, 2016
Todd E. Creason: Homer Lodge No. 199: Ready For Another Generation: The story of Homer Lodge No. 199 (IL) is a common story. It's an old Lodge with few members left. The building itself was in need of...
Posted by American Farmer at 7:13 AM